Choosing just any window style can make your Mediterranean-style home look mismatched and awkward. Instead, let the architecture guide you to the best replacement window for enhancing curb appeal and complementing your house’s aesthetics.
Mediterranean-style homes are noted for their stucco exterior, archways and curves, terracotta roofing, attractive balconies, and large circular walk-out bow rooms. Their balcony may include a swing-in or swing-out patio door with sidelights to bring more natural light in.
A Mediterranean home’s window style will bring the perfect finishing touch to its looks when selected properly. Read on to learn how.
Complement Your Home’s Architecture with the Perfect Window Style
There are some basic guidelines for getting the best windows for your gorgeous Mediterranean-style home. When followed, your house’s beauty will be enhanced and your return on investment (ROI) maximized.
Choose popular casement windows
- Casement windows defined: Casement windows are attached to their frame on the side—with one or more hinges. They open like doors do, except with an easy-to-use crank rather than a knob. They are ideal for natural ventilation, as they allow direct breezes into your home and maximize natural light indoors. They’re easy to operate and simple to clean.
- How these windows work well with your home: Tall, narrow casement windows look fabulous in a Mediterranean-style home. They can stand alone or in pairs.
Choose stunning arched windows
- Arched windows defined: These windows have square bottoms and an arched top. They can be operable or fixed.
- How these windows work well with your home: Arched windows bring a softness to your home interior and create an inviting contrasting effect.
Enhance your home’s looks with a circular window
- Circular windows defined: A specialty-shaped window such as a circular window will accent your home’s style and add visual interest to its curb appeal. They look terrific on the top floor of a Mediterranean-style home where they are most visible. They don’t open for ventilation but provide plenty of natural light to add to your home interior’s atmosphere.
- How these windows work well with your home: A Mediterranean-style home emphasizes arches, and circle windows are perfectly paired with this style.
Go with a swing-in or swing-out patio door
- Patio doors defined: Gain greater natural light and ventilation with a stunning swing-in or swing-out patio door on your home’s balcony.
- How these work well with your home: Create a romantic balcony off your master suite in your Mediterranean-style home with a swing-out patio door. These are an ideal accent to your home’s style.
Add attractive bow windows
- Bow windows defined: A bow window’s structure is curved, creating a rounded appearance on the outside of the home. They increase space, improve views of the outdoors, increase natural lighting and enhance your home’s overall looks. They may be used to create a space used for sitting or to accent a room.
- How these windows work well with your home: Walk-out bow windows are tall, narrow, and sometimes arched. They are often utilized in groups of four or five and complement the look of your Mediterranean-style home perfectly.
Skip the trim
Windows in Mediterranean homes don’t usually have trim because their stucco exterior gives a soft punched-out look around where the window sits.
Choose a neutral frame color
Exterior window frames come in basic neutral hues such as tan or dark brown to give a contrast to the stucco siding’s color.
Decide on no grids if your home is newer
If your home is new, go without grids to enhance the modern vibe. If you have an older home, choose simple, standard grids that match your window frame color.
Discover the beauty of Andersen Windows
Andersen Windows has led the window replacement industry for over one hundred years. They have window designs to fit every style and budget. Check out these Andersen Windows series for the optimal choice for your home.
- E-Series Windows
- A-Series Windows
Upgrade Your California Home with the Perfect Window Styles
Complement your Mediterranean-style home with picture-perfect windows.
At Approved Contractor, we are an Andersen Window Certified Contractor, so we trained our team in the highest industry standards in window installation. We’ve mastered their best practices so you get the maximum installation benefits. Take a moment to learn more about how our window services can transform your home.