The rising trend in working from home offices has surged, causing many homeowners to create office space that will energize and inspire greater productivity—remotely. Nothing improves one’s mood and productivity like an abundance of natural light. Bottom line—installing the right windows can make all the difference!
Whether you work from home or just have a space devoted to doing what you love most at home (like reading, writing, or scrapbooking), new windows open the space to more natural light and greater views, refreshing the atmosphere and boosting motivation to achieve.
Let’s take a look at how replacement windows can brighten your space and revitalize all who enter it.
Creating a Home Office Space Teeming with Natural Light
A dark, dismal space not only leaves you uninspired and unmotivated to work, but also impacts your work negatively. New windows infuse your space with uplifting views and natural light, bringing out the best in you as you work. Natural light makes colors seem brighter and the room feel fresher, setting the stage for a positive attitude throughout the day.
The health benefits of natural light in your office space
It only takes 13-15 minutes of exposure to natural light to trigger the release of endorphins (the happy hormones). A dark, dismal office atmosphere can hinder productivity. In contrast, your overall mood and wellbeing can be improved by bringing more natural light into your home office with large windows. Sunlight boosts vitamin D which strengthens the immune system, keeping you healthier throughout the year.
How Replacement Windows Can Enhance Your Home Office
Bright ideas abound in the right atmosphere. Here are some elements to consider when choosing the best window style for your remote workspace:
Enrich video meetings with natural lighting
Do you spend part of your workday on Zoom calls? Natural sunlight is the best lighting for your virtual meetings. If you position yourself to look out the window, the sunlight will naturally light up your face.
Window selection: To get the greatest amount of glass in your windows, opt for casement windows with sleek frames. You’ll enjoy more sunshine and views of the outdoors from your office.
- Casement windows are hinged at the sides and open outward.
- They provide ease of operation you’re sure to love as an added perk in your office.
- Their clean, uncluttered look adds to the ambiance and complements modern style.
- If you prefer a traditional look, add grilles to your casement windows.
- Sophisticated hardware adds a touch of class to your space.
- Stark black or white frames will add a pop of contrast to your office.
Amplify your atmosphere with plenty of fresh breezes
Fall is the perfect time to open your office window and enjoy some fresh air. Indoor air is usually multiple times more polluted than outdoor air, so opening your windows is a healthy choice!
Window selection: The most popular window style in the U.S., double-hung windows offer the perfect solution for greater air circulation in your home office. They open from the top and the bottom, allowing air to flow freely both in and out of your home.
- Double-hung windows are easy to clean as they conveniently tilt inward, thwarting the need for dangerous ladder climbing to reach second floor windows when they need to be cleaned.
- Their classic look gives them a traditional feel that works well with a variety of home styles.
- Nearly maintenance-free, double-hung windows deliver superior window strength and simplified design.
Open Your Space with Larger Windows
Nothing opens a room more than expanding the size of your windows. This refreshing change in your home office will yield benefits year-round.
Window selection: When you want bigger windows, the best window style you can choose is the slider window. It can handle large glass areas with ease. Built like a double-hung window on its side, slider windows are the perfect solution for your home office.
- Slider windows look fabulous with modern style offices.
- The sleek frames and large glass area give you greater views and more natural light in your office space.
- Opt for stark black frames to add sophistication to your space.
- You’ll be amazed at how larger windows cheer up your office space and help you focus better.
Enjoy fresh air even when it rains
Creating an office space at home that stimulates and revitalizes can boost productivity.
Window selection: Installing versatile awning windows (hinged at the top) allows you to let the breezes blow even when it’s moist outside!
Gain privacy with optimal window treatments
Sun glare reflecting on a computer screen can be annoying, so the right lighting for your home office is a must.
Window treatment selection: Integrated shades and between-the-glass blinds provide privacy and give you optimal control over the lighting in your home office.
- Cordless between-the-glass blinds give you a sleek solution to your remote workplace lighting.
- With between-the-glass blinds, you get to skip the frustration of cleaning and dusting traditional blinds. They literally stay clean as the glass protects them from dirt and dust.
- The safety precaution of cordless blinds means your children and pets are safeguarded from the danger of cords being present.
- If you opt for using curtains in your office, go with a light linen material to give an airy feel to your space and allow the most sunlight into your workplace.
Transform Your Home with Gorgeous Replacement Windows
At Approved Contractor, before we start your window project, you get a sneak peek to see what the end result will look like with a 2D rendering of your completed house project.
We specialize in Andersen Windows. They have led the window replacement industry for over 100 years!